** Google has added restrictions in Android Lollipop, including blocking apps from changing the network or toggling airplane mode. So, there is limited functionality in the Discover tools without root. **LTE Discovery is a powerful signal discovery and analysis tool that allows users to observe a wide range of useful network and signal information while aiding you in staying connected to the best connection possible.Use this app to identify and record technical LTE/4G information such as GCI, PCI, TAC, Market/Cell ID's. For supported networks, the LTE Band will also be included (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, China Telecom).If you are in an area where LTE is actively being deployed or that has significant gaps in coverage, the app automates the process of cycling your mobile connection to help you connect to the best signal possible. When left running, this app will help you discover LTE in your market without ever looking at your phone! Your phone will find and reconnect to LTE faster, generate a log of the signal, and (optionally) alert you when a signal is found.As it works in the background it can log each site and connection it finds. This information is then summarized to help you determine how many towers you have connected to. Logs include time, location, PCI, TAC, GCI, and Band. Sprint users have access to the Visual 1x Logger which displays tower, sector, 1900/800mhz signal information via towers pins on an embedded Google Map.Users that can access their phone's EARFCN DL and UL channels can plug them into the EARFCN card to calculate the precise operating frequency and band. If your LTE network is one of the ones supported ones, the application will generate the information automatically.Key features:-Identifies bands for Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile-Advanced signal stats-Automated visual logger (Sprint + Pro only)-LTE log queries with unique band and site information (Pro)-Live band identifier and stats in the notification bar-EARFCN band calculator (range and precise UL and DL frequencies) (Pro)-Automated search algorithms for LTE-Data connection reset without requiring root-Alert notification for LTE bands and GCIs (connected and disconnected)-Wide range of settings to customize your experience (Pro)The free version is full-featured and useful for many cases. However, please consider supporting us by purchasing the in-app pro upgrade for a mere $1.99. This is less than a cup of coffee at Starbucks and helps us keep the lights on.Please note we do not natively support band identification for every carrier however, users can help us interpret the network information in their area to add band support for their carrier. If you are interested please send us an email.If you work in the industry, feel free to email us if you have any knowledge that may be able to help us. (Our email can be found in-app)History: This app was originally developed for Sprint users searching for 4G LTE signals in emerging Sprint markets. Though, users with other carriers including both GSM and CDMA carriers can also greatly benefit from using this app. The only features not available for non-Sprint users is tower location and 800Mhz SMR detection. There are no other limitations for other carriers.From user reports, Verizon sometimes provides tower location, but they are typically inaccurate.By resetting mobile connection, you can fix many common network related issues like: continuous low signal, data disconnection, poor call quality, signal instability, and more. You could also fix these issues by restart/reboot your phone, or you could just let LTE Discovery reset your radios in a few seconds.RATINGS: If you like this app, please support us by rating it 5 stars and helping with a +1, or let us know how we can improve the app.SUPPORT: If you notice any problems, please use the "Send debug email" option in-app and provide us as much information as possible about the problem.
- File name:
- File version:
- File size:
- File md5:
- File sha:
- Update time:
Mon, 09/28/2015 - 13:23
- What's New/Note:
What's New - More band identification support for more carriers- Ability to show carrier in Signal Overlay- Allow master switches on app's settings page to work without entering details page- Simplified Crowdsource settings- In LTE Log page, the save location is now shown when exporting- Bug and crash fixes Read more
- Galen Omkar Melchert Nexus 6 on fi I'm curious about the bands the fi network uses most of the time. Rather than going into the app every time I figured I buy it for the widget. To my knowledge there is no detailed widget with at least the lte band information displayed. This is crucial.
- Justin Baranowski Where's my upgrade The app is OK but I paid for the upgrade and now if I try to use the upgraded features it doesn't let me and if click on upgrade it says failed try again in a few seconds but no matter how long I wait it still doesn't work give it back for more stars
- Sieber 101 Interesting Don't know enough about radio to know how accurate this app is but it provides interesting info. I'd like to see an addition to the settings to auto reset data when no lte signal - but only attempt it once or twice every half hour or so instead of constantly. If your in an area that doesn't always have lte, it cycles until it gets it leaving you without any data until in a better area. This leaves me with using the " cycle with no data" setting as default instead and going without lte more often.
- Joe Sebo Essentially, no use unless your device is rooted! Just gives me a bunch of info. I know my network is slow. I want to be able to reset it. Can't unless rooted. Thanks Google!
- Chris C. Great concept, doesn't work I've got a Moto X Pure Edition rooted and running stock on T-Mobile network, this cycles the data connection, but will never connect it back to LTE after a call or lapse in coverage once the call pushes it onto Edge Network. I have to use an app called "4G Switcher" to manually reset the connection, in order for it to pick up LTE again. I was hoping this app i paid for would do the same thing automatically, like was described in the play store entry. Disappointing.
- Justin Buss Lollipop update Im giving a 3 because it's nice to know what band im on and general information but you still have yet to fix the LTE restart..